As a citizen of Dominica, you can partake in a wealth of opportunities and experiences, including:
- Living in a peaceful and welcoming country for life, in the knowledge that you have contributed to its prosperity through an outstanding citizenship by investment programme
- Becoming part of a global community that transcends Dominica’s land borders
- Global mobility, including visa-free travel to over 120 countries and territories, from Singapore and Hong Kong, to the European Union and the United Kingdom
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains tax
- Full residence status, with the right to live and work in Dominica if you so choose to
- The ability to hold multiple citizenships
- The freedom to live abroad if you are legally able to under the laws of your host nation, as there is no requirement to reside in Dominica before or after citizenship is granted
Dominica is named time and time again as one of the world’s happiest places in which to live. Boasting a high number of centurions (people who have lived to be older than 100 years), it offers a tranquil lifestyle within a safe, peaceful, and pristine environment and a culturally vibrant and friendly community.
The ‘Nature Island of the Caribbean’ is a tropical paradise and one of the most beautiful places in the world. It is a land of natural beauty, with hundreds of rivers and waterfalls, rugged mountains covered in green, and dramatic cliffs overlooking the turquoise sea.
Dominica hosts the world’s second-largest hot spring, Boiling Lake, and is home to many rare plant and animal species, including our national bird and symbol, the Sisserou Parrot. Our clear and calm sea offers spectacular dive and snorkelling sites, including shipwrecks and even underwater hot springs.
In 1998, Dominica’s Morne Trois Pitons National Park was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Since 1997, Dominica has actively participated in the work of Green Globe to develop a model for ecotourism within our island.
Business Advantages of Dominican Citizenship
The Government of Dominica provides a number of fiscal and other concessions that aim to make doing business on our island even more attractive. These include generous tax holidays, import duty and tax waivers, and streamlined processes. A list of business advantages is available below, but for more information see the Invest Dominica website.
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains tax and no personal income tax for residents
- Dominica is a signatory of double taxation treaties with the USA and the CARICOM
- There is no restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Generous incentive packages include corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits, and export allowance
- The currency, the East Caribbean dollar (XCD), is pegged to the US dollar (USD) at a fixed rate
- Access to several markets duty-free across the Caribbean
Holders of Dominican passports can use them to travel internationally and benefit from the many visa-free travel regimes the Dominican Government has established with its allies across the globe. Some of the major hubs available to those travelling on a Dominican passport include the United Kingdom, with whom Dominica shares a long history, Singapore, Hong Kong and the European nations of the Schengen Area.
Successful applicants for citizenship by investment who then apply for a Dominican passport can benefit from visa-free travel or visas-on-arrival (*) to the countries below. It must be noted that this list is fluid and subject to change. We strongly advise you to contact the relevant government authorities and agencies prior to making travel arrangements.
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
CAPE VERDE ISLANDS
GRENADA & THE GRENADINES
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS*
SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE*
ST. KITTS & NEVIS
ST. VINCENT & THE GRENADINES
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
TURKS & CAICOS