Obtaining a second citizenship can be a lengthy and time-consuming process but Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme ensures efficiency in its procedures.
- Decided to acquire second citizenship? The first step to Dominican citizenship by investment is finding an authorised agent as applications can’t be submitted directly to the government. Pick one from this list.
- The next step is preparing your forms and documentation. The agent will guide you throughout the process and provide you with all the forms, but you can also find the list of required documents here
- When everything is complete, your agent submits your application to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) in Dominica. Be prepared to be thoroughly vetted, including a background check to verify that the information you have provided is accurate and legitimate.
- If successful, you will be “approved in principle” within 60 to 90 day of sending off your application.
- You then make your investment to either the government-held fund (EDF) or buying into pre-approved real estate.
- Once payment is confirmed, the CBIU issues you with a certificate of naturalisation.
- Take pride in your new citizenship – your contribution goes a long way on the island and FT says we’re the best.